Server Operator Guide
This page serves as a quick showcase on how to maintain and work with your gmod server on a linux machine.
This list assumes you have a LinuxGSM gmodserver installed.
# Restart Server ~/gmodserver r # Open logfile less ~/log/console/gmodserver-console.log # See live log of server without opening gmodserver console tail -f ~/log/console/gmodserver-console.log # Search through all lua files for a specific word grep -rin "MyVariable" --include="*.lua" # Open server console ~/gmodserver c
If you have installed Luctus' short commands you can also use the abbreviated versions (like only typing
r to restart the server).
If the server doesn't start or is not joinable check the following:
- Is the server running? (E.g. via
- Did the
~/gmodserver startcommand give you errors?
- Check the logs (E.g. is the map not found? Did the server crash on startup?)
- Is the IP configuration in lgsm wrong?
- Is there a firewall blocking access? (E.g.
iptables -Sas root on linux)
- Are the permissions correctly set? (Should throw error on startup, if yes run